Life Time Fitness, Inc. Alpha Coordinator in Chesterfield, Missouri
The Studio Manager is responsible for developing and establishing the Life Time Alpha Training System Master Brand, designed to drive membership engagement with the best community, experience, value and results. This critical leadership position is also responsible for developing complementary Halo Brands through Alpha Training System programming in addition to overseeing and growing the existing Life Power Yoga Pima Crossing location in Scottsdale, AZ.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Member & Team Member Experience
Act as studio ambassador by greeting members, cultivating relationships, and encouraging connectivity by promoting an engaging and welcoming environment.
Network within the studio and in the community to grow membership acquisition
Maintain an active and robust social media presence for the studio
Consistently promote Life Time programs, products, and services
Lead a team of approximately 25 fulland part-time team members
Lead team member recruitment and hiring initiatives
On-board, train, engage and develop all team members
Facilitate weekly team meetings
Demonstrate a positive attitude and ensure team members are providing the highest level of customer service, cleanliness, and financial performance.
Authorize all employee status changes, new hires, promotions, and terminations. Develop appropriate succession plans within the studio and region.
Coordinate disciplinary actions and terminations with Area Director and Human Resources team.
Financial & Club Operations
Successfully develop and grow the Alpha Studio concept of multiple Group Training modalities while continuing to manage and grow the Life Power Yoga program
Manage program and class scheduling, sales, operations and retail
Act as an instructor for multiple Group Training formats (Alpha, Ultimate Workout, Team Fitness)
Perform a daily studio walkthrough to ensure that all areas of the studio are €œLike New€, clean, and organized
Meet or exceed monthly member acquisition and retention targets
Manage membership acquisition and retention, revenue and expenses on a daily basis
Manage financial budgets with planning, forecasting, and revenue generation from various club departments
Monitor supplies and expenses for studio
Evaluate Profit and Loss Statement monthly
College degree in Business or related field
Life Time recognized Personal Training certification (NASM preferred)
Two or more years experience as a Personal Trainer
One or more years experience with small or large group training
One or more years experience management and leading teams
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- CPR/AED certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
Ability to operate independently within a new concept and a constantly changing environment
Ability to effectively multi-task with tight deadlines both independently and within a team environment
Knowledge and passion for the health and fitness industry
Ability to build and lead a community of fitness enthusiasts who desire great experience, value and results
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to build relationships with both members and team members
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven conflict management skills
Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
Ability to achieve sales goals
Excellent supervisory, interpersonal communication, and time management skills
Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions
Ability to make decisions easily and quickly
Knowledge of profit and loss statements, general ledgers and accounting
Knowledge of standard office procedures and computer software
- Language AbilityIntermediateAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
- Mathematical SkillsIntermediateAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning AbilityIntermediate SkillsAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook and Social Media Skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate.