Missouri Teaching Jobs

Jobs.mo.gov mobile logo

Job Information

U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command Training Specialist in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri


About the Position: This is a permanent position with the US Army Military Police School (USAMPS), Directorate of Training & Education, Military Police Investigations Division at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.


Serve as course manager for the Critical Incident Peer Support course.

Small group leader and instructor for stress and trauma related psycho education within Behavioral Sciences Education and Training Division (BSETD) and other courses requiring advanced BSETD related stress and trauma expertise and experience.

Conduct research related to mental health and provides input to doctrinal and training materials.

Serve as course administrator through scheduling classes, requesting support materials for classes, and maintaining class records to include student academic records.

Collaborate and coordinate training with US Army criminal Investigation Command (USACIDC) Law Enforcement Mental Health team for intermediary training requirements.

Advise on and recommend solutions to problems which affect training and doctrine, policies and regulations.

Provide psychological and psycho-social training to students using evidence-based knowledge and industry best practices related to stress and trauma.

Provide support to field units related to law enforcement stress and trauma as needed and develops feedback with field units to maintain accurate and relative course instruction.

Travel as a technical advisor when necessary by all modes of transportation as a representative of the U.S. Army Military Police School subject matter on stress and trauma related issues.

Prepare and present program briefings to interested parties both military and civilian at various levels of government both in person and virtual formats.


Conditions of Employment


Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities. 30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel WorkforceExecutive Order (E.O.) 12721Interagency Career Transition Assistance PlanLand Management Workforce Flexibility ActMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferOffice of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement EligiblePeople with Disabilities, Schedule APriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleReinstatementVeterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the methods and techniques of instruction, which includes: teaching or instructing in an adult education program, secondary school, college, military installation, or industrial establishment in the Behavioral Science field which may include technical specialties such as domestic violence intervention, child abuse response and investigations, sexual assault response and investigations, and/or critical incident peer support; scheduling classes; developing or reviewing training/course materials, aids, devices, etc., and evaluating training results; and working in the occupation or subject-matter field of the position to be filled that required training or instructing others on a regular basis. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09). OR Education: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. with a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled, such as: Behavior Science orCriminal Justice. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcript) OR Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcript) You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:

Curriculum DevelopmentEducation / Training Program AdministrationInstructional Delivery and Learner Development Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-09). All applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade and specialized experience requirements within thirty (30) days after the closing date of the announcements.


Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.

Additional Information

Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration. You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. Two year trial/probationary period may be required. Direct deposit of pay is required. Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees. If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet. This is a Career Program (CP) 32 - Training position. You may claim military spouse preference (MSP). Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement. If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest. Relocation Incentive is NOT authorized. Recruitment Incentive is NOT authorized. Fort Leonard Wood employees may have the following available to them: Work out facilities, golf course, swimming pools, tennis courts, rental program (e.g. pop up campers/trailers), ample free parking, a youth center and childcare services. Fort Leonard Wood employees may also have access to the Fort Leonard Wood Lake of the Ozarks Recreational Area (LORA). LORA is a great place to get away from all the worries of everyday life.