Black & Veatch Division HR Manager in Jefferson City, Missouri
Division HR Manager
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 31949
Job Title : Division HR Manager
Location : USVRTL, KCP
Business Unit Sector : COR-CORP-HR
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Responsible for development and execution of human resource (HR) plans to support division leadership in achievement of business objectives. Using progressive and diverse HR experience, plays role as key HR advisor for Black & Vaetch Management Consulting. Addresses moderately complex and critical HR issues.
• Actively participates in developing, executing, coordinating or communicating human resource plans in some or all of the following areas:
Workforce size and skill mix planning
Training and development
Work and organization design
Performance management for organization and professionals
Culture assessment and development
Employee relations & coaching
• Leads process in interpreting and translating business strategy into human and organization initiatives.
• Identifies critical HR goals and success factors for the division; develops related actions needed.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with division management and professionals, while maintaining an HR perspective. Establishes open and trusting relationship. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management.
• Performs role as change agent for implementing new HR programs and/or processes. Evaluates impact of HR initiatives on division. Assists in development and executing communication plans.
• Advises division management and professionals on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs and procedures. Seeks to ensure compliance and understanding of HR policies.
• Assures HR programs are carried out in accordance with company’s policies and procedures. Proposes improvement to policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness of human resources and operations.
• Acts as liaison between division and HR functional areas. Coordinates or assists HR Specialists in coordinating HR processes such merit, bonus, goal setting, performance evaluation, supervisory training, succession planning, and performance improvement/discipline.
• Identifies and aligns internal and external resources needed to accomplish division HR initiatives. Engages HR specialists effectively and proactively. Coordinates schedules and timelines.
• Provides guidance and direction to HR Specialists to ensure understanding of division’s structure, industry, market, policies, etc.
• Coordinates involuntary terminations and reduction-in-force activities as needed.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Broad basic knowledge of all functional areas in HR.
Strong understanding of HR programs, policies and procedures.
Good understanding of employment law.
Strong understanding of division administrative policies and procedures.
Good understanding of division’s industry, market, technology, business model and metrics.
Strong understanding of division’s business operations.
Strong financial acumen to understand key financial indicators, and recognize profitability and revenue opportunities.
Global perspective of common business practices and impact on business.
Strong human relations skills, including ability to influence and negotiate.
Strong multi-tasking skills
Strong long-term conceptual planning ability
Strong project management skills
Excellent leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Excellent problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Excellent conflict management and human relations (written, verbal, client service) skills
Good understanding of Human Resource Information Systems.
Strong communication and presentation skills.
Good supervisory skills.
Education : Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
Experience : 8+ years relevant experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
HR Certification preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical Office Environment
Extensive Sitting and Regular Keyboarding
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.