HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse(RN) - Women's Services - Staff Educator - FT Days(no weekends) in Kansas City, Missouri
Research Medical Center–Kansas City, MO
Registered Nurse Staff Educator (RN) – Women's Services
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
Research Medical Centeris currently looking for aNurse Educator (RN) – Women's Services.
About the Unit:
Labor 12 bed 3 Bed OBED 1;1/1:2 LABOR, 1:3 ante,
24 bed post-partum unit 1:3/4 couplet
19 bed level III NICU acuity based
Orientation for labor is 8-12 weeks, post-partum 6-8 weeks, NICU 8-12 weeks
Recognized for top performer in Oxytocin guidelines
- The Nurse Educator functions as an educational and clinical resource for program clientele and the community.
- Educational services include the implementation and instruction of established curriculum designed to meet the needs of the identified service population.
- The educator will function as a liaison to facilitate women’s health, care for client, patient and their families and/or participant of health issues related to women.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practical application of the theories and principles of adult education.
- Demonstrates professional growth, initiative and creativity.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited nursing program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current Missouri state licensure required.
- Certification in area of specialty optimal.
- BLS required.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in OB/GYN and neonatal care. Previous experience in a education role preferred.
- Experience with group dynamics, public speaking and/or public relations ideal, though not a prerequisite
Job: *Education Training & Professional Development
Title: Registered Nurse(RN) - Women's Services - Staff Educator - FT Days(no weekends)
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-53926