Alphapointe Retention Specialist, Part-Time, PRN in Kansas City, Missouri
As part of its mission, Alphapointe provides preferential hiring to people with vision impairments (legally blind).
Job Summary: Provides support and assistance to blind and visually impaired clients in the community, typically at a community-based employment worksite.
- Assists individual clients in learning job functions at community based employment worksites.
- Performs individual casework services including assessment and work instruction
- Assists in maintaining accurate and complete service statistics.
- Prepares designated summary reports of activities and services.
- Communicates with employers about job functions of clients, training and coaching needs
- Helps client and staff at the employer to establish effective, supportive work relationships
- Keeps Employment Services Manager apprised of general client status and particularly notes unusual progress, problems or occurrences
- Use of a personal vehicle is required and at times, client transportation may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned.* *
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of responsible direct client or customer service.
- Good communication skills, verbally and in written reports.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- College coursework in social work, psychology, counseling, rehabilitation, teaching or related field.
- Experience in social service where needs are assessed and a variety of social services are provided from comuunity reources.
- Experience includes working with visually impaired adults.
- Local travel required.
- May require prologned standing and handling materials and equipment.
Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Department: Rehabilitation & Education
Location: Kansas City, MO