Washington University of St. Louis Anthropology, School of Arts & Sciences in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is a 10-month full-time staff position for one academic year with potential for renewal for successive years.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anthropology in the School of Arts & Sciences at the Danforth Campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist instructors in the classroom and be available to students of the assigned courses as a tutor
- Capability of assisting in classes spanning all three major sub-disciplines of Anthropology
- Grading exams and papers, conducting review sessions, advising students
- Master's degree in Anthropology
- One or more years of prior teaching or graduate teaching assistant experience in a college or university environment
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- One-time attendance at the summer teaching assistant orientation hosted by the Teaching Center is required
- Ph.D. in Anthropology from a three-or four field department
- Three or more years of teaching or teaching assistance experience in a college or university
- Preference will be given to applicants with broad teaching skills in all areas of Anthropology
The hiring range for this position is $17.14 - $21.85 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Faculty Assistant/Department Tutor - Anthropology, School of Arts & Sciences - 40076
Job ID: 40076
Location: School of Arts & Sciences
Full/Part Time: Full-Time