Washington University of St. Louis Associate Director of SMP Academic Advising & Student Affairs - Graduate Programs - Business School - 51044 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Graduate Programs Office at Olin Business School. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Associate Director of SMP Academic Advising & Student Affairs is an integral member of the graduate team. He or she serves as an academic advisor for specialized masters business degree candidates and works with Olin and university students and student organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an academic advisor and subject matter expert to approximately 125-150 SMP degree candidates.
- Serve as functional area liaison, work with area faculty, career center advisors and become an area expert, consult as needed on course sequencing and major revisions.
- Development and leadership of program initiatives and programs that advance the schools strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with assigned Olin student organizations to help them to develop their plans.
- Develop a comprehensive leadership development program for student organization leaders designed to help them gain and apply leadership skills for the benefit of themselves, their organizations and the school.
- General academic, program, and university support, including, but not limited to, the development of each program’s strategy, partnership with Olin faculty and other university senior leadership on initiatives; an expectation to develop and maintain relationships and regularly engage alumni to support the program strategy.
- Serve as the leader for program orientation and all SMP-wide efforts to sustain a high-performance program culture.
- Provide leadership and supervision for SMP advisors, including goal setting, development planning, coaching and evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years’ experience in a higher education setting or a related role.
- Master’s degree in higher education, business, or in a related field.
- Extensive experience with advising, mentoring and working with fresh graduates and young professionals.
- Demonstrated success in designing leadership opportunities and working with student groups/related organizations.
- Extensive track record of program development, initiatives and execution.
- Demonstrated success in curriculum development and delivery.
The hiring range for this position is $53,996 - $73,278 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Associate Director of SMP Academic Advising & Student Affairs - Graduate Programs - Business School - 51044
Job ID: 51044
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time