Washington University of St. Louis Business School in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Business School - Dean's Office. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Diversity & Inclusion Officer leads inclusive community initiatives that are strategically aligned to the Olin Business School mission. The D&I; Officer will be part of the Administration Team reporting to the Dean’s Office and will collaborate with leadership to ensure timely and effective planning and execution of priorities.
The D&I; Officer will, under the direction of the Dean of the Olin Business School, will work to improve its position as a leading, globally-focused business school by promoting an inclusive environment where all members of the Olin community have the opportunity to contribute and are valued for their unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. The D&I; Officer, in partnership with school leadership and faculty, will promote best practices in global diversity and inclusion in both the business world and higher education to help Olin develop and adopt leading practices; lead the creation of a culture of exploration and learning about inclusion – both in the US context and in a global context at all levels of Olin; promote diverse representation at faculty, student, and staff levels, with particular attention to (but not limited to) diversity of race and ethnicity, nationality, and gender in a manner consistent with being a globally preeminent business school.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and refine the strategy and action plans for a diverse and inclusive Olin environment (Example: Increase the outreach, recruitment and matriculation of students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in business).
- Advise the Dean and members of the Senior Leadership Team on matters that impact diversity and inclusion at the academic program (from admissions through curriculum delivery), school, university, US and global levels.
- Implement programmed learning opportunities at all levels of the school to make Olin more globally focused and more diverse. (Example: Work with the Olin Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the university’s Academy for Diversity & Inclusion to organize and facilitate diversity-related workshops including inviting speakers and providing oversight of the logistics of the workshops. Some of these duties will include working with administration, staff, and faculty to ensure that all programs have representation and are actively engaged in the activities.)
- Engage leaders and members of the diversity clubs (Ex., Olin Black Association, BranchOut, Olin Women in Business) as well as global initiative arenas on a regular basis.
- Be a thought leader for the school in both internal and external settings in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts and partner organizations and alumni.
- Interface with the Washington University’s Academy for Diversity & Inclusion and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and all other related programs and leaders in this space for guidance and information exchange
- Develop a fact-based assessment on Olin’s current position versus global diversity best practices and “how to” processes from both higher education and global companies; analyze data and outline a process roadmap to address gaps.
- Create and measure progress against a global Diversity and Inclusion Scorecard that demonstrates Olin’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment
- Conduct ongoing benchmarking studies with global peer schools in the areas of student, faculty and staff diversity.
- Oversee development and maintenance of relevant and current information on the Olin diversity web page.
- Serve as staff leader for the Olin Diversity & Inclusion Committee, working with the Chair of the ODIC to collaborate on programming and initiatives
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience in Higher Education that includes working with faculty and students.
- Experience creating, implementing and managing programs.
- Demonstrated experience in diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree.
- Strong analytical skills, experience creating, implementing, managing and measuring the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
- Experience developing measurement instruments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse, complex populations and organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $67,470 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager - Business School - Dean's Office - 40293
Job ID: 40293
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time