Washington University of St. Louis Business School in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Business School - MBA Programs. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Academic Advising & Student Affairs Senior Advisor for FT MBA is an integral member of the graduate team that serves as an academic advisor for full-time MBA degree candidates and works with Olin and university students and student organizations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an academic advisor and subject matter expert to approximately 175-200 full-time MBA degree candidates.
- Serve as functional area liaison, work with area faculty, become area expert, consult as needed on course sequencing and major revisions.
- Work with assigned Olin student organization leaders and members to help them to develop their leadership skills.
- Ensure that assigned groups are abiding by all university guidelines.
- Assist in the delivery of Olin-wide student group leadership trainings and activities.
- Occasionally represent the Olin Business School in campus-wide student group advising and leadership initiatives, as needed.
- General academic, program, and university support, including leading in program priorities areas and initiatives and maintaining external relationships for existing programs.
- Meet with prospective students and represent the program by presenting to audiences and serving on occasional university-wide initiatives, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years work experience in higher education setting or related role.
- Master’s degree in higher education, business, or in a related field.
- Extensive experience with advising, mentoring and working with professionals with three to five years of work experience.
- Demonstrated success in designing leadership opportunities and working with student groups/related organizations.
The hiring range for this position is $43,231 - $55,126 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Academic Advising and Student Affairs Advisor FT MBA - Business School - MBA Programs - 39385
Job ID: 39385
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time