Washington University of St. Louis Business School in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Business School. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Course Materials Coordinator at the Olin Business School is responsible for coordinating with Olin faculty members to obtain correct textbooks and materials to be used in their course; managing the purchase of rights to copyrighted material and packaging/copying of material to be sold in the campus bookstore; and managing the accounting process to ensure that payments to vendors are made promptly. Position is deadline driven to ensure that all students will have the necessary course materials prior to the start of each class.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Course Material Administration
- Packet Administration: Coordinate with PMBA, MBA and BSBA Programs to create a timeline for collection, quality control, reprint permission and production of course packet material.
- Textbook Administration: Coordinate with PMBA, MBA and BSBA Programs by notifying faculty, processing orders, and effectively reporting those orders to the campus bookstore.
- Course Material Retail Sales Coordination: Maintain effective communications with the campus bookstore staff to verify in-stock quantities, re-orders, and billing.
- Maintain an effective level of communication with full-time and adjunct faculty, while ensuring materials are ready on time.
- Prepare bibliographies of course material to be used in each course and order forms for purchase of materials from Course Material vendor. Ensure that orders are placed promptly and are received in time for vendor to effectively deliver packets to campus bookstore two weeks prior to class start date.
- Coordinate with outside vendors, such as Harvard Publishing and the Copyright Clearance Center, to purchase usage rights for case materials and place orders for online materials.
- Process Procurement Card expenditures and arrange for payment of invoices from Harvard Business School or other vendors used for course materials.
- Receive payments from Course Packet Vendor and process those for deposit into Faculty Support account.
- Prepare invoices for Critical Thinking materials.
- Follow up with purchasers of Critical Thinking materials to ensure payment and as necessary, issue non-payment emails.
- Provide administrative assistance to Olin faculty when required to meet crucial deadlines and provide coverage during absences of co-workers. Work includes creating/revising manuscripts, PowerPoint slides, Excel spreadsheets; making copies of handouts, setting meetings, managing calendars, organizing events, and managing Canvas sites.
*4. Manage Sales of Olin Materials *
- Manage sales of Olin Business School Critical Thinking cases to vendors, universities, and bookstores. Ensure license agreement is signed and returned, provide pricing for interested parties, prepare invoices for sales, and send materials to purchasers.
- Maintain Critical Thinking website and monitor Critical Thinking Outlook mailbox, answering questions about materials and fielding requests for further information or use of cases.
5. Records Maintenance
- Maintain ongoing Excel spreadsheet during course material production which outlines date materials received from faculty, date materials were sent to vendor for production, and date materials were received in campus bookstore.
- Maintain database or spreadsheet listing all course materials used in each course, dating back at least 7 years, ensuring that the information is accessible and easily used by faculty members.
*Overtime will be required during peak course material production months (late-July through early September and late November through early January). *
Depending on workload during peak months, ability to take vacation time may be limited.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience required.
- Strong proficiency of PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Associates Degree.
- Prior University experience.
- Course material preparation experience.
- Knowledgeable about University systems such as A.I.S
The hiring range for this position is $18.80 - $23.99 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Course Materials Coordinator - Business School - 42125
Job ID: 42125
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time