Washington University of St. Louis Career Services, School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Career Services for the School of Law located at Anheuser-Busch Hall on the Danforth Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Develops programming and advise for highly ambitious group of students seeking jobs in a variety of areas, including public interest firms, Wall Street firms, the government, and so forth. Collaborates closely with Associate Dean to identify areas for program innovation and improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic Advising Initiatives: Develop strategic initiatives for advising and implement those initiatives and training programs for ambitious study body. Meet with students and alumni to provide strategic advice and customized plans for career searches, assist with resumes and cover letters as well as other communications, ensure all students are informed of all basic job search resources and tools, and maintain consistent regular communication and follow up with students. Ensure the development and update of necessary written materials and fully utilize software and databases to record student employment data and effectively advise students in the career search.
- Education: Develop educational programs related to professionalism and career success, including a one-hour course.
- Projects: Work on teams and act as team leader as appropriate, to promote and create new initiatives in the specific focus areas assigned (geographic and practice area).
- Presentations: Present to various audiences including prospective students, alumni, employers, students, and other key stakeholders to ensure the success of the law school.
- Travel may be necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- JD; MBA; or PhD Degree.
- Five years’ experience in recruiting from the employer perspective.
- Supervisory experience; teaching or training experience. Bar license (any state).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to implement systems.
- Ability to travel.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $67,470 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Career Counselor - Career Services, School of Law - 40733
Job ID: 40733
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time