Washington University of St. Louis Course Coordinator - Medical Student Education - 48885 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medical Student Education. The position is located at Becker Library. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Under the direction of the Director for the Office of Medical Student Education, this position is responsible for coordinating, administering and monitoring various components of the MD curriculum; while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude in meeting deadlines and striving for continuous quality improvement as it relates to the mission of the office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the OMSE Deans, Director, and Program Managers on various education collaborations.
- Working with Director, Program Managers, faculty, staff, and students to coordinate the administrative support for all educational activities.
- Coordinates logistics for student and faculty curricular events and staff meetings including room reservation, supply, and AV needs as needed. This includes assisting with logistics and proctoring of the NBME Shelf Exams, scheduling of courses, small group sessions, lab sessions, audience response systems (ARS), and video files when applicable.
- Serves as a primary editor and developer of online course content via learning management systems.
- Independently manages delegated projects. This includes direct engagement with faculty, staff, and students and ensuring timely completion of deadlines.
- Support Deans and Director in daily office routines, including composing emails, calendars, and editing correspondence and reports when applicable.
- Performs administrative support tasks, including creation and editing of correspondence, reports, publications, educational materials, and assessment data.
- Answer moderate volume of inquiries from faculty, staff, students, and other individuals and assist with requests for information and material from OMSE office as well as provide front desk assistance when needed.
- Maintain files; complete mailings, photocopying, and faxing; monitor and order office supplies.
- Compile survey, course and exam data when applicable.
- Attends regular department meetings, staff meetings, morning huddles, and other meetings as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and assists as needed in the offices of OMSE and OE.
Equivalent of Associate’s Degree with two - four years relevant professional experience, preferably in higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be detail orientated with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently in completing tasks and responsibilities delegated by Director, Curriculum Office.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment while achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Collaborate within and outside the department with all levels of personnel (students, staff, faculty, administrators), and seek guidance when needed from colleagues.
- Exhibit a commitment to customer service and student centeredness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating with internal and external contacts in a professional, productive and positive manner.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and use new software systems.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and to manage multiple tasks that are subject to interruption.
- Must take initiative, keep a positive attitude and participate in continuous quality improvement as it relates to curriculum and the office mission.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Course Coordinator - Medical Student Education - 48885
Job ID: 48885
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time