St. Mary's Good Samaritan CQI Facilitator in St. Louis, Missouri
The CQIplus Facilitator is responsible for facilitating teams responsible for complex process improvement, which have been chartered by the SSM-STL Executive Steering Committee due to their strategic importance to the organization. The CQIplus Facilitator acts as a subject matter expert in Lean, Six Sigma, statistical, experimental, and process design tools and techniques, supporting organizational leaders as they drive improvements in their organizations. This is accomplished through problem identification, analysis of issues and opportunities, process measurement, and development/implementation of planned process changes using formal, structured problem-solving methods (DMAIC). In addition to ensuring timely completion of projects, the CQIplus Facilitator is responsible for providing coaching and training to CQIplus Green Belts, team members, and organizational leaders/managers to assure organizational integration of CQIplus into all work activities.
- Supports the values, mission, and vision of SSM-STL Healthcare by overtly aligning CQIplus activities with these
- Provides lean, six sigma, intermediate-to-advanced statistical, and design subject matter expertise across SSM-STL
- Facilitates structured improvements in SSM-STL’s clinical and/or operational performance by facilitating project teams focused on strategic, complex process improvement, ensuring linkage to performance improvement metrics and goals established by SSM-STL executive team
- Takes the initiative to coach project leaders, process owners, and executive champions as they support process improvement teams and outcomes for which these leaders have responsibility and accountability to manage and sustain ongoing performance
- Assures adoption of process improvement theories and practices by developing, revising, and providing CQIplus training and coaching to all employee levels within the organization via an established curricula of courses and requested consultations
- Advances SSM-STL’s organizational knowledge and development by continuously partnering and sharing with other CQIplus Facilitators, Green Belts, and leaders across SSM and by gathering examples and data associated with successful CQIplus efforts from other SSM regions and external benchmark sources
- Trains, coaches, and monitors CQIplus Green Belts to prepare them to facilitate intermediate-level process improvement teams and to coach their organizational leaders in the integration of CQIplus in their work groups
- Maintains broadly accessible records of all process improvement activities to preclude redundant efforts across various work groups and project teams
- Assures ongoing process performance management after completion of process improvement projects by leaving process owners/leaders with relevant documentation, including process metrics and their linkage to SSM and/or SSM-STL performance metrics.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
- Bachelor’s degree (healthcare area of study preferred)
- Green belt certification
- At least 2 years of experience in Lean six Sigma projects and training and/or in management.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
- Master’s degree (healthcare area of study preferred)
- Black belt certification
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health, St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health System Office - 1173 Corporate Lake
Work Locations: SSM Health System Office - 1173 Corporate Lake (0033.4) 1173 Corporate Lake St. Louis, 63132
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18012783