Washington University of St. Louis Dietitian/Nutritionist - Gastroenterology - 42342 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology Division. The position is located at Wohl Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides nutritional care of individuals in health or disease, which includes the application of the science and art of human nutrition the management of digestive disease including Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis and short gut syndrome.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with patients and provides to advice on meeting dietary needs for those with digestive disorders including Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, short gut and celiac disease.
- Have a proactive and growth mindset with interest in developing a nutritionist based program that integrates with a comprehensive clinical care model for those affected by chronic gastrointestinal illnesses.
- Understand and assist in the nutritional management of patients with short gut syndrome, including those who require TPN.
- As necessary, develops innovative recipes, which requires unusual products or combinations of products.
- Interacts with medical students, house officers, fellows and investigators.
- Counsels/educates patients and families to meet requirements for continued nutritional care.
- Performs other duties as required or as workload changes.
- Potential for participation in research and medical education programming related to above disorders.
The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Registered Dietitian and Licensed Dietitian in the State of Missouri are required.
- Ability to review medical literature, comprehend and give verbal/written instructions, uses scientific reasoning and relate effectively with people.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Masters of Science is preferred.
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is preferred.
- Experience in adult and pediatric nutrition research preferred, or at least 2 years work experience in adult or pediatric clinical dietetics.
The hiring range for this position is $50,253 - $64,085 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Division of Gastroenterology at the Washington University School of Medicine represents one of the finest examples of an academic training program, dedicated to the study of digestive and liver diseases. The balance of outstanding faculty, exemplary facilities, and a cohesive philosophy ensure consistent excellence across the missions of maintaining national prominence in research, teaching and patient care.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Normal clinical office setting with exposure to patient elements, occasional standing/walking, lifting and moving patients, supplies, and equipment with flexible work schedule based on physician and patient needs.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Dietitian/Nutritionist - Gastroenterology - 42342
Job ID: 42342
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time