Washington University of St. Louis Fitness Instructor (PRN) - Athletics - 40736 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis, but will average 1-3 hours per week. Morning, evening, and weekend availability is needed.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Athletics Department for the Danforth Campus.
A Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for the guiding group fitness classes that vary in format and levels, ranging from yoga to spin to strength-based to dance-based classes. This includes counting, cueing, organizing choreography, and much more. We are looking for Strength Instructors, Boxing Instructors, Kickboxing Instructors and Step Instructors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide choreographed fitness instruction at the Sumers Recreation Center
- Provide a safe and fun environment for WashU Rec fitness participants.
- Promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, cool down, proper form and alignment, etc.
- Motivate and instruct participants through exercises and routines.
- Prepare workouts/choreography for fitness classes.
- Serve as an advocate for fitness and healthy lifestyles at WashU
- Create a positive connection with fitness participants.
- Help promote upcoming fitness classes and events.
- Foster an inclusive fitness environment that is welcoming to all levels.
High school diploma and at least 1 fitness certification.
Bachelor’s degree. Multiple fitness certifications with at least 2 years of instructional experience.
The hiring range for this position is $25.00 - $40.00 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please include cover letter, resume and at least 3 professional references. The cover letter can be included as the first page of your resume upload.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Fitness Instructor (PRN) - Athletics - 40736
Job ID: 40736
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: On Demand