Washington University of St. Louis HR Consultant - Organizational Development - Human Resources - 50268 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Human Resources. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Serves as a hands-on practitioner supporting business units, academic departments and schools to diagnose, propose and deliver talent performance solutions. Leads initiatives around leader, manager and team effectiveness, organizational design, culture interventions and change management. Serves as an expert in the processes, tools and methodologies associated with these domain areas as well as provide significant insight to external solutions and future thinking, which could be brought into solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with limited direction, consults with a continuum of leadership and management to assess, diagnose, design and implement group and organization-wide solution offerings to improve performance. Applies existing or designs custom assessments (qualitative and quantitative) to analyze individual and group behavior and recommends strategies for making needed changes based on interpretation of results.
- Provides one-on-one confidential leadership and managerial developmental coaching (with or without assessment) to faculty, physicians, and business leaders and managers to develop their performance.
- Facilitates team / organizational retreats, succession planning, leadership development planning and new leader assimilation process.
- Works closely within HR to develop the organization and collaborates with other HR functions such as Learning and Development and Employee Relations to integrate organization learning into plans and talent performance solutions. Partners with the Applied Leadership consulting team to design and deliver large-scale organization and group solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree with minimum of 10+ years of experience in organizational development in a complex setting. Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in learning/training and development.
- Experience with implementing change management.
- Certification in a 360-degree feedback assessment (LEA, Hogan, KornFerry/Lominger etc.) and other assessment instruments (TKI, EQi, MBTI etc.).
- PhD degree in Organizational Development or related field.
- Healthcare or experience in higher education a plus.
- External consulting experience with strong client focus highly desired.
- Ability to effectively interact and challenge status quo with leaders and managers along the continuum, from senior leadership to group managers.
- Experience with survey design, administration, analysis, reporting and results interpretation. Experience with Qualtrics a plus.
- Proven consulting skills.
- Proficiency navigating ambiguity in a highly varied, decentralized environment.
- Ability to conduct individual, group and organizational analysis and make actionable change recommendations.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as individual and group facilitation/engagement skills.
- Highly effective collaboration skills and consultative team orientation.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications, Teams, and Zoom.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Typical office environment using typical office equipment. Ability to travel to on- and off-campus locations. Work outside normal office hours as needed.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: HR Consultant - Organizational Development - Human Resources - 50268
Job ID: 50268
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time