Washington University of St. Louis HR Operations Support Services Manager - Human Resources - 49114 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Human Resources. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides planning, development and delivery for effective HR Operations service delivery as well as operational leadership for the Operations function on how best to support the needs of our faculty, staff, and student employees. Provides oversight to transactional and customer service activities and ensures that the Operations Team provides excellent support in the areas of Appointments and Payroll. Calculates compensation rates, codes transactions, troubleshoots issues and provides the data that supplies employee records and payroll including the My Day system. Collaborates with HR and other key departmental leaders ensuring high quality effective service delivery and solutions. Service Center team support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and plans for effective day-to-day operations of the HR Operations team
- Processes improvements, workflow efficiency, monitoring of transactional processing for compliance and accuracy, handling projects, and escalated customer concerns resulting in a high-level of support and superior customer service.
- Leads and motivates the team through engaging with employees as well as coaching, team building and employee development to provide accurate and timely customer service for complex transactions, escalated issues, and customer requests.
- Develops work procedures, assigns duties and work schedules, performs training, establishes performance metrics and monitors performance, to ensure team member effectiveness.
- Develops the necessary tools for success
- Implements new technologies and tools that improves the employee experience, adapts to business changes and improves operating efficiencies, My Day training and troubleshooting.
- Manages employees in a multi-layered operation including supervision/lead employees. Develops, coaches, trains and guides the supervision team to ensure effectiveness of the information loaded and reported on. Monitors and grows success of centralized payroll and HR functions for the University.
- Ensures processes are documented. Drives continuous improvement to promote team efficiency.
- Serves as point of contact to resolve operational problems, escalations, corrections.
- Provides review and analysis of operational metrics/measures/procedures offering recommendations for continued improvements and efficiencies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with federal state and local regulations and requirements while making HR staff and customers aware of changes to ensure overall University compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7+ years of HR/Payroll experience.
- 2+ years of managing a team in a shared service center or similar service delivery model.
- Experience working with both insourced and outsourced benefits and/or PeopleSoft as well as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a large complex environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills; a service-oriented communicator with the ability to forge relationships and bring diverse groups together on difficult benefit issues.
- Self-motivated individual driven by challenge with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines with attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Positive outlook and willing to give and accept constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
*WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: *
West Campus, Tobacco Free environment, 40-hour work week with extra hours as needed. Ability to travel locally to various locations across campus is required.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: HR Operations Support Services Manager - Human Resources - 49114
Job ID: 49114
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time