Washington University of St. Louis Human Research Protection Office in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Human Research Protection Office. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position will develop and implement an education and compliance program for the Human Research Protection Office and the Washington University IRB (WU IRB) system. This will include, but may not be limited to, development of an education plan, development and implementation of training programs, development of material for education and compliance purposes, compliance activities including investigations and monitoring and overall quality improvement assessment of the education and compliance program. This position will include developing programs and monitoring for research sites external to Washington University that the WU IRB provides oversight for as an IRB.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, evaluate and maintain an education plan for researchers and their staff covering federal regulations, Washington University policies and procedures, and guidance governing the conduct of human subjects research.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a plan to ensure internal and external compliance with federal regulations, state law, and Washington University policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource for faculty and staff regarding procedures and practices pertaining to the conduct of human subject research.
- Coordinate and evaluate HRPO programs such as the HRPO SWAT! and Study Initiation Program as needed.
- Develop, implement and deliver educational initiatives both as part of the overall education plan and in response to corrective actions required from findings of noncompliance.
- Monitor human subject research protocols both for measures of overall compliance, to investigate allegations of noncompliance, and in response to corrective action plans required by the IRB.
- Analyze IRB submissions to determine needs of the research community and to measure program success.
- Maintain IRB policies and procedures and other guideline materials to ensure that they are compliant with federal regulations and institutional policies.
- Collaborate with other compliance offices to understand and integrate the concepts of ethical conduct of research.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of current regulations, guidelines, and trends influencing the conduct of human subject research.
- Contribute to IRB-related research activities such as development of guidelines, training materials, writing articles, grant work or poster presentations.
- Serve as a resource to the research community, HRPO staff, and IRB committee members for issues related to IRB review and human subject research.
- Serve as an Administrative Representative for the IRB and member of the IRB as needed.
- Participate in continuing education in the field of human subject research as demonstrated by attendance at local events (e.g. IRB consortium meetings and HRPO Question and Answer sessions) and national conferences as appropriate.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required in related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certified IRB Professional (CIP) status required when eligible.
- PhD preferred with experience in development and delivery of educational/training materials.
- 3-5 years relevant experience in administration of IRB and/or clinical trials, health care, public health or research administration is preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $55,370 - $71,968 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Education & Compliance Specialist - Human Research Protection Office - 41066
Job ID: 41066
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time