Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant III - Neurology - 50696 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This is a remote position.
The position is responsible for processing all aspects relating to insurance payer appeals to include rejections, underpayments and pre-certification denials. Responsible for follow-up on insurance billing and collection activities, verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacting insurance companies as well as other related duties to expedite payments from various Medicaid and Medicare payers for physician services in the Department of Neurology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows-up with insurance companies to ensure prompt and accurate payments.
- Works closely with Insurance Payer Representatives to identify payer trends and internal processing challenges.
- Gives updates and feedback regarding payer and system challenges.
- Performs collection follow-up duties for third-party payers to ensure timely and accurate payment of physician charges.
- Consistently meets department productivity and quality assurance standards.
- Assists with departmental appeal's functions during vacations and absences.
- Identifies inconsistencies within an account (i.e. registration, payment posting and refunds) and works with appropriate individuals to resolve.
- Promotes team effort and departmental goals.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Three to five years of previous billing or insurance experience.
- Two years of college or business school.
- Certified coder through AHIMA (I.E., CCA, CCS OR CCS-P) or AAPC (CPC, CPC-A).
- Understanding of computerized accounts receivable systems and ICD-10 and CPT Coding.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, to include Word, Outlook, intermediate skills in Excel and at least basic skills in Access.
- In depth knowledge of insurance rejection/appeal and/or collection processes in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of contracting and underpayment processes.
- Precise follow-up skills.
- Possess the ability to work independently with strong attention to detail, prioritize and maintain exceptional organizational skills.
The hiring range for this position is $18.81 - $23.52 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant III - Neurology - 50696
Job ID: 50696
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time