Washington University of St. Louis Medical Secretary II - OB/GYN - 50688 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs secretarial duties, such as typing medical dictation, preparing spreadsheet/report formats, filing, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Types reports, agendas, and other documents using PC-based software for scheduling, spreadsheet analysis, budget/finance reports, clinic statistical data, etc.
- Transcribes medical documents such as letters, correspondence, medical record notes, nurse’s notes, and manuscripts.
- Maintains medical records and notes.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, and forwards to appropriate persons.
- Maintains daily appointment schedule for visitors and patient office visits.
- Maintains file system, including retrieval, copy, and disposal of files.
- Maintains memberships, societies, licensures, and curriculum vitae.
- Coordinates programs such as residency, student clerk-ship work-study services, and interoffice clerical functions.
- Assists administrative/physician staff during peak times, vacations/illnesses.
- Greets visitors and routes incoming mail.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Two years of experience in a healthcare/medical-related office setting.
- Previous OB/GYN experience.
- Experience with Epic.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook calendar scheduling of meetings, surgery scheduling, master scheduling for physicians, medical records and scheduling patient visits.
- Experience in an environment with a heavy phone volume.
- Ability to type and use various software packages and set up spreadsheet/report formats.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers (specifically Microsoft Office).
The hiring range for this position is $14.31 - $17.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Normal clinical and academic office environments involving bending, kneeling, standing, sitting, walking, cart pushing, lifting etc.
- Involves occasional pressure due to multiple calls, inquires and deadlines.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Medical Secretary II - OB/GYN - 50688
Job ID: 50688
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time