Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Scholar - Psychiatry - 43387 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Washington University School of Medicine is currently seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow with experience in, and enthusiasm for, interdisciplinary research in obesity and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The goals of the training program are to:
- Train talented transdisciplinary postdoctoral trainees to become independent scientists in obesity and CVD capable of working within and leading transdisciplinary research teams.
- Provide trainees with primary mentoring from highly qualified, senior obesity/CVD researchers and augment the trainees’ experiences with training from senior co-mentors with renowned translational research programs that can extend and inform the traditional scope of obesity/CVD research.
- Provide training in the ethical and socially responsible conduct of obesity and CVD research across the lifespan including with vulnerable populations (e.g., children, mental health populations).
Further information about the WUSTL Transdisciplinary Postdoctoral Training Program in Obesity and Cardiovascular Disease at Washington University School of Medicine can be found at
- Applicants must have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
- Individuals with an MD are also highly encouraged to apply.
- Funding for this positing is through an NIH T32 training grant. Eligibility requirements for this grant state that postdoctoral appointees be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in a research or clinical doctoral or postdoctoral program.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should send:
- A cover letter
- A two-page statement describing research interests and experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
Applications will be evaluated by a search committee, with final appointment approved by the program directors. Screening of applications will begin immediately. Priority will be given to those interested in starting by July 1, 2019.
Please submit all application materials to Dr. Eric Lenze at email@example.com.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Scholar - Psychiatry - 43387
Job ID: 43387
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time