Washington University of St. Louis Program Coordinator - Infectious Diseases - 50318 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine/Infectious Diseases Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Under general supervision, performs administrative duties for programs in the Clinical Research Training Center (CRTC). Serves as a resource to program scholars. Responsible for the organization of recruitment, scholar selection, orientations, educational workshops and seminars, and networking and development events. Ability to function independently and with a high level of organizational skill to manage schedules, projects, meetings, databases, budgets, newsletters, websites, and online learning platforms.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordination of Training Programs and Participants
- Works with scholars, instructors, committee members, and other program coordinators to fulfill the goals and objectives of the training programs.
- Creates marketing materials and provides support for recruitment of new scholars.
- Manages program applications and serves as the point of contact for program applicants.
- Organizes selection meetings and applicant data for program review committees.
- Oversees onboarding for new scholars.
- Maintains and regularly updates program webpages.
- Distributes announcements and newsletters to program scholars and mentors.
- Maintains reference materials, standardized document templates, and distributes resources as needed.
- Generates documentation for program activities, including the preparation of manuals, education materials, committee notes, marketing materials, admission letters and scholar handbooks.
- Other duties as assigned by CRTC Directors and Project Manager.
- Planning of Program Events and Educational Workshops and Seminars
- Coordinates and provides administrative support for all program activities, conference calls, retreats, seminars, workshops, journal clubs and other activities of the programs.
- Organizes marketing and recruitment events, as needed.
- Plans and provides orientation for all new scholars.
- Manages visiting faculty visits, including planning itineraries, scheduling meetings, and marketing lectures.
- Oversees steering committee and external advisory board meetings.
- Collaborates with other CRTC staff members to host networking and social events.
- Program Reporting
- Communicates program activity progress and problems to the Project Manager and Directors, keeping detailed minutes for weekly meetings.
- Monitors scholar progress including IRB approvals, completion of coursework and training sessions, publications, and grant submissions.
- Responds to incoming data and report requests received from Principal Investigators, department administrators, other central offices, media, outside institutions, etc.
- Works with Research Administrator to monitor and track scholar research expenses and appointments.
- Updates scholar database with relevant publication, research, mentor and course enrollment details.
- Provides program information for various newsletters, websites, presentations, and meetings.
- Assists CRTC Managers and Center Directors with preparation of required grant documentation, submissions, and progress reports.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Two to four years of related experience.
- Master's degree and three to five years of experience in program coordination or project management.
- Experience in a medical, research or educational environment.
- Pleasant and professional interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong English, spelling and grammar skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of faculty, students and staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in establishing priorities.
- Willingness to work cooperatively as well as independently.
- Responsive to change and innovation.
- Demonstrate high level of attention to details.
- Able follow established procedures and maintain very high degree of accuracy, even with interruptions.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, dependability, and an ability to be flexible and think quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience with Qualtrics, website development, online learning platforms and Washington University systems.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and complete projects, organize time, and work independently.
- Ability to handle confidential material, and monitor spending.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word), Adobe Acrobat, and experience with mail merge and relational databases necessary.
- Familiar with database development and maintenance.
- Ability to plan effectively and meet deadlines.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Program Coordinator - Infectious Diseases - 50318
Job ID: 50318
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time