Washington University of St. Louis Program Coordinator - Vice Chancellor for Operations & Technology Transfer - 50668 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Vice Chancellor for Operations & Technology Transfer. This position is for the Danforth North Campus. There may be significant travel between campuses.
Provides support to the Operational Excellence and Process Improvement group within the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Operations and Technology Transfer. This includes supporting the Administrative Review process, both in coordinating the external reviews of 22 administrative units and in assisting units with initiates resulting from their administrative reviews.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with more senior members of OEPI to plan approach to analysis, design, and assessments, including methods and tools.
- Develops detailed plans and schedules for initiatives or events under the direction of more senior members of the OEPI team.
- Executes strategies for documenting, analyzing, and designing processes, or for executing assessments (e.g., Administrative Reviews).
- Supports unit leadership through the lifecycle of a project or assessment, serving as their primary point of contact for questions and issue resolution.
- Prepares and executes communications to stakeholders, potentially including external review committee members and University leadership.
- Develops detailed process maps using swim lane diagrams.
- Researches peer institutions and professional organizations/networks for applicable best practices.
- Collects and analyze industry and functional best practices applicable to initiative.
- Collects and manages performance data captured in databases or obtained through interviews, surveys, and/or observations.
- Performs detailed data analysis, providing a summary of key findings to team members for further discussion and to refine focus.
- Documents requirements, process issues, and potential opportunities.
- Maintains documentation throughout project, ensuring it reflects the latest information and is accessible by those who need it.
- Facilitates small group discussions focused on understanding current state or resolving targeted problems.
- Conducts feedback and lessons learned processes following projects and assessments; identifies and tracks opportunities for future improvements.
- Encourages thought diversity and helps drive team to question current practices and promote new ideas.
- Assists in the development of OEPI training programs, seminars, and presentations.
- Develops tools, templates, and checklists to help teams achieve success more efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborates with peer institutions and professional networks/organizations to further develop operational excellence frameworks, methodologies, tools, and templates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certificate and five years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, engineering or other highly analytical field.
- Two years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and/or data.
- Experience participating in process engineering efforts.
- Familiarity with higher education, ideally with some experience in a health system or hospital.
- Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies, or with the IIBA Guide to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills, logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and learn on the fly to understand and solve new problems.
- Ability to effectively work as a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Program Coordinator - Vice Chancellor for Operations & Technology Transfer - 50668
Job ID: 50668
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time