Washington University of St. Louis Psychometrician I (PRN) - Neurology - 46170 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Washington University Sleep Medicine Center is seeking to fill a 30-month, <20 hours per week psychometrician I position.
The psychometrician plays a key role in the clinical trial titled “Changing the Trajectory of Mild Cognitive Impairment with CPAP treatment of obstructive sleep apnea”. This clinical trial will be conducted at Washington University Sleep Medicine Center.
The individual who takes this position will be primarily involved in the cognitive assessment of older adults either with or without obstructive sleep apnea. Assessment of older adults may include people at risk for mild cognitive impairment. Responsibilities will include conducting neuropsychological assessments at Washington University Sleep Medicine Center. Following test administration, the psychometrician will score assessments and ensure that data is entered in a central database.
The psychometrician will follow strict study protocols and work closely with other study personnel from Washington University. Training and supervision will be provided.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screen patients who have memory problems with or without obstructive sleep apnea using neurocognitive tests.
- Communicate with the research team and collaborators.
- Collect subject data and maintain organized files for review.
- Equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or at least five years of clinical experience with patients in sleep medicine.
- CITI Human Subjects Training Online Modules.
- Familiarity with the Epic EHR system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Familiarity with clinical care for patients with sleep apnea.
The hiring range for this position is $13.12 - $15.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Psychometrician I (PRN) - Neurology - 46170
Job ID: 46170
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand