Washington University of St. Louis School of Engineering & Applied Science in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Engineering Career Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
Manages career-related services and activities for the 1,300 undergraduate and 850 master’s students within the School of Engineering & Applied Science and coordinates career-related services and activities with partners throughout the university.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employer and constituent relations: Identifies, develops, and maintains relationships with industry and government partners and with alumni, parents, and other external constituents as it relates to career services for engineering undergraduate and master’s students, including special on-campus employer visits and other career-related activities for the engineering school; continuously collects and deploys market intelligence and best practices to create relevancy and a competitive edge for students and academic programs
- Team coordination and communication: Coordinates career-related activities with partners throughout the school and university to ensure a cohesive career services team and communicates with the dean, vice deans, department chairs, senior staff, the faculty, undergraduate and master’s students, and other constituents to ensure the school meets career service goals and the needs of engineering undergraduate and master’s students
- Strategic: Develops the strategy and tactics for identifying and expanding internship and full-time employment opportunities for engineering undergraduate students and master’s students, in partnership with the university’s Career Center and the Olin Business School’s Weston Career Center
- Career education: Works with the vice dean for education to develop career education for engineering undergraduate and master’s students, including as part of the curricula and through seminars, workshops, and other activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree and higher education experience, especially in career services and/or corporate relations; background in an engineering or technical field;
- More than 10 years of Experience
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Proficient with technology used for career services, including CRM/database tools, LinkedIn and other social media platforms, and career services software/systems
- Knowledge of job trends and career development skills
- Ability to collect, interpret/analyze, and distribute data for reporting needs and market intelligence
- Experience in program development, supervision, and evaluation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and budget skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with all constituents from diverse backgrounds
The hiring range for this position is $47,151 - $61,289 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager of Engineering Career Services - School of Engineering & Applied Science - 38344
Job ID: 38344
Location: School of Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full-Time