Washington University of St. Louis Senior PET Radiopharmaceutical Technician (Analytical Chemistry) - 45049 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Senior PET Radiopharmaceutical Technician position is responsible for performing analyses of clinical and investigational radiopharmaceutical and supports clinical research development as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs analyses of final radiopharmaceuticals for clinical or research use.
- Prepares standards used in analysis.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation that is used for radiopharmaceutical analysis as required.
- Performs radiopharmaceutical quality control validation tests as required.
- Performs all aspects of method development required for radiopharmaceutical production and research under supervision of the quality assurance manager or designee.
- Orders necessary supplies in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Insuring the supplies are received following standard operating procedures.
B.S. / B.A or equivalent experience in a lab or FDG manufacturing facility also acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree in science related area highly preferred.
- Experience in analytical chemistry and working with radioactive compounds.
- Environmental Chemitry a plus
- Instrumentation experince a plus
- Pharmacy Technician Registration: to be registered after employment.
- Knowledge of personal computers.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Ability to perform duties quickly and efficiently under time constraints.
- Ability to use analytical equipment for example High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Thin-Layer Chromatography (TLC) and Gas Chromatography (GC).
- Willingness to be trained in the handling of radioactivity.
The hiring range for this position is $40,706 - $54,933 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Applicant Special Instructions
Good manufacturing practice facility and supporting laboratories involved in producing radiopharmaceuticals used for PET imaging and research. Exposure to radioactive compounds on a daily basis.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior PET Radiopharmaceutical Technician (Analytical Chemistry) - 45049
Job ID: 45049
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time