Washington University of St. Louis Social Worker MSW (Part Time) - Hematology - 48007 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 16 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology. The position is located at Wohl Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position plans, organizes and implements social work services for patients and families.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides psychotherapy services for patients and their families.
- Conducts family therapy with participants in research study including documentation.
- Prepares psychosocial reports and maintains necessary records.
- Schedules patient appointments and provides telephone follow-up.
- Facilitates referrals and community resources for patients/families.
- Educates and advocates for patients and families to enhance their ability to make informed decisions regarding medical care, discharge planning, and outpatient management. Provides timely telephone or in person follow-up.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement systems, the ability to educate patients and families regarding payer requirements, coverage for care services and the ability to effectively advocate on behalf of the patient to obtain authorizations for continued care as appropriate.
- Collaborates effectively with the healthcare team, patients and families and relevant community resources to develop and implement and individualized plan of care.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and assists with the development of program material.
- Provision of other services related to wellness.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provides clinical supervision to social work colleagues looking to obtain a clinical social work license.
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Currently a Licensed Master Social Work (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Missouri, or Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the State of Illinois. Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $24.65 - $38.22 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Social Worker MSW (Part Time) - Hematology - 48007
Job ID: 48007
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time