Washington University of St. Louis Time) in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences in the School of Arts & Sciences. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Coordinate recruitment for NIH study of decision-making; supervise undergraduate research assistants involved in laboratory testing of study participants; and test participants when necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with the Recruitment Enhancement Core, our department’s Aging & Development Program, and others, to promote recruitment of participants for our NIA-funded research.
- Recruit study participants and supervise undergraduate research assistants (RAs) and others (e.g., work-study students) involved in recruiting and testing study participants in our laboratory in the Psychology Building.
- Assist in the testing of study participants.
- Communicate with the Institutional Review Board as necessary.
- Assist with data organization, storage, and statistical analysis.
- Will have daily contact with research assistants, and periodic interactions with the study PIs. Occasional contact with the University’s IRB, the Aging & Development program, and the Recruitment Enhancement Core.
- The person will be contacting potential research participants and communicating with Amazon MTurk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field.
- Experience with computer software and use of the internet for a variety of purposes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer programming skills highly preferred.
- The person should be able to make day-to-day decisions independently, but know when input from the study PIs is warranted and seek such input without hesitation.
The hiring range for this position is $12.70 - $15.97 per hour.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I Social Science (Part-Time) - Psychological & Brain Sciences, School of Arts & Sciences - 40828
Job ID: 40828
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time